Board Of Governors Meeting In Gainesville
They will spend 15 to make ten.
President Bernie Machen told the State Board of Governors today that the University of Florida will spend $15 million to recruit top faculty-- to make UF a top 10 university.
No vote is needed for his initiatives, it's up to machen to make a plan and execute it.
UF received millions of extra dollars in this year's state budget to make a determined push to move into the top ten nationally.
Machen said his goal is to quote "support new research with the greatest potential for UF and Florida."
Machen also said that he will continue to focus on creating four year online undergraduate programs.
- University of Florida Board of Trustees Meet: Cutting Budget Top On Agenda
- Florida Governor Reappoints 3 Passed Over Agency Heads
- Florida Governor Heading To Japan For Fall Trade Mission
- 2 Starving Horses Found Boarded Up in Stall
- Governor Scott Calls for "Day of Prayer for Unity" on Sunday
- Case of Race: George Zimmerman Trial
- Zimmerman Trial: 911 Call & Language In Court
- Zimmerman Trial: Self-Defense
- Zimmerman Trial: Self-Defense & Stand Your Ground Law
- UF Ranks Among Top Party Schools in US