Ducks Visit Dads at Kirby Family Farm
Thousands of people flocked to a hay field in Williston to celebrate the fathers in their lives and to visit some young reality TV stars.
Tons of dads and their families had a lot of fun at dad's day, including visiting with some famous ducks.
Trains, tractors, monster trucks, and ducks… and it was all for the dads.
Dads of all kinds got to check out the multiple exhibits and also got to play with some toys…
There were also competitions for dads, like a pizza eating contest and a beard contest… guess who won…
But most of all, the Kirby's were able to bring in a treat for all the dads and their families… John Luke and Sadie from Duck Dynasty.
"What an awesome family! You know, we did a lot of search...we did a lot of research of bringing the right kids and the right family out. We wanted somebody that was sincere and I tell you, we got to spend some time with them and they're awesome," said Daryl Kirby, owner of Kirby Family Farm.
The dad's certainly enjoyed John Luke and Sadie's visit but hundreds of kids were itching for the chance to get up close and personal with the young reality TV stars.
A fame that is relatively new to them.
"At times, it gets overwhelming all the people. But when you see little kids like that,so happy to see you and look up to you, it makes it all worth it," said John Luke Robertson.
"It's weird but it's awesome and we know how blessed we are and we just take it as a blessing but at the same time, it is really crazy," added Sadie.
These down to earth teenagers made a lot of people smile this afternoon and they couldn't go back to West Monroe, Louisiana without saying "Hey North Central Florida," said the Robertsons.
The Kirby's say that all the money raised from today's event will go towards putting in a station for the train and also putting in a barnyard exhibit for the farm.
- Kirby Family Farm's Dad's Day (and Ducks too..)
- Duck Dynasty's Miss Kay Talks Faith, Family & Food
- Kirby Family Farm receives help after Hermine
- Civil War Reenactment Draws Hundreds to Williston
- Not Your Ordinary Farm in Williston
- 'Dads Take Your Kids to School Day' is a huge success at a local school
- Pioneer Family Farm Awarded
- The Salvation Army And Farm Share Feed 300 Families
- Ducks to be Removed from Historic Duck Pond Neighborhood in Gainesville
- Living History Farm celebrates Independence Day