Expert Says Giant Mosquitoes Look Scary, But Pose No Additional Threat
Published June 15th, 2013
BRADFORD COUNTY - The recent rainfall that has moved over north central Florida over the last week has certainly been welcome news to the mosquito population.
But it's one very large and very frightening type of mosquito, known as the "Gallinipper", that has panicked most residents who have come into contact with them.
TV20's Trent Kelly traveled to Bradford County on Friday to speak to one mosquito expert who says while their size may be frightening, there is no reason to be alarmed.
- Gainesville Police Department Gives Kids Scary, but Safe Trick or Treating Alternative
- Dead Trees Pose Threat
- Supernatural Expert Looks To Make Contact With The Dead
- Experts Say Trayvon Martin's Murder Might be Racial Profiling
- Do Farming and Conservation Go Together? Experts Say Yes.
- Police Say Gainesville Man Burglarized Home While Looking For Work
- Man says he was looking for missing friend when he found dead body
- Two Fla. Power Giants Want Rate Hikes
- Giant Ancient Crocodile Bones Brought to UF
- Residents Trapped By Giant Fallen Tree