Gainesville City Commission Goes Off the Agenda to Debate Biomass
Published June 21st, 2013
GAINESVILLE - It wasn't on the agenda, but the biomass power plant generated the most heat at Thursday night's Gainesville City Commission meeting.
Following a vote in the afternoon session on whether the city should attend a biomass workshop with the Chamber of Commerce, residents voiced their frustrations in the evening.
As TV20's Trent Kelly reports, it turned into one of the longest public comment sessions in recent memory.
- Biomass Concerns Dominate Candidate Forum for Gainesville City Commission
- City Commission to Add Fuel Adjustment Item to Next Meeting's Agenda
- Gainesville Mayoral Candidates Debate DUIs, Biomass at 4A Forum
- Debate Raise Tensions Over City Commission Seat
- Turkey Creek Residents Take Biomass Noise Concerns to Alachua City Commission
- City Commission Votes to Approve Biomass Settlement, Will Hold Public Meeting in January
- Poe vs. Skop- City Commission Run-Off Election Tuesday
- Gainesville City Leaders Debate Implementing Fire Assessment Fees
- Gainesville City Leaders Discuss Ownership of Possible Bio-Mass Power Plant
- Commissioners Debate Whether to Purchase Biomass Plant