International Piano Festival at UF
It didn't matter what language they spoke or where they came from... "music" transcended cultural boundaries this week as students gathered at the University of Florida to play piano.
Students from all over Florida, North America, and China got the chance to perform some of the worlds most famous classical pieces.
The students work with professors from UF as well as from the Julliard School, Rice University, Southern Oregon, and even China.
According to Director Kevin Orr, the festival has grown over the years and developed into something of an international scale.
"An event like this brings all of these people to the UF School of Music here in Gainesville, so we feel its a great community event, a great cultural event for the campus in the middle of the summer, and a great event for the school of music on a world stage," said Orr.
The annual event is held every June.
- Music Festival Brings Money And Some Trouble To Area
- Music School Makeover
- Stage Collapses at a Music Festival in Miami
- Piano Man Travels 17,000 Miles With Dog
- Deadline Approaches To Save Art And Music Programs
- Music in Early Education Shows Benefit to FCAT Test Scores
- Deputies: Music Teacher Molests Young Children
- A local mechanic is "making it" in country music...
- United in Music
- Musical Chairs in High Springs?