International Piano Festival at UF
It didn't matter what language they spoke or where they came from... "music" transcended cultural boundaries this week as students gathered at the University of Florida to play piano.
Students from all over Florida, North America, and China got the chance to perform some of the worlds most famous classical pieces.
The students work with professors from UF as well as from the Julliard School, Rice University, Southern Oregon, and even China.
According to Director Kevin Orr, the festival has grown over the years and developed into something of an international scale.
"An event like this brings all of these people to the UF School of Music here in Gainesville, so we feel its a great community event, a great cultural event for the campus in the middle of the summer, and a great event for the school of music on a world stage," said Orr.
The annual event is held every June.
- Music Festival Brings Money And Some Trouble To Area
- Concerns over UF's Music School building
- Music School Makeover
- Piano Man Travels 17,000 Miles With Dog
- Stage Collapses at a Music Festival in Miami
- Gainesville High School students head to poetry festival
- Jury to be Sequestered in Loud Music Killing Trial
- The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park
- Music Teacher Arrested in Child Sex Investigation
- Fla. Detective: 9 Bullet Holes in Loud Music SUV