Man Killed in Officer Involved Shooting
Gainesville, Fla. -- One man is dead following an officer-involved shooting at the Tower Oaks Glenn apartment complex Saturday night.
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office reports deputies responded to the apartment after receiving a complaint about an assault and battery.
According to the report, deputies made contact with 33 year-old Recardio Shormon Clark at the apartment.
While talking with deputies, Clark fired at one, Deputy William Frank Williams, with a handgun, hitting him in the chest.
Deputy Williams then returned fire hitting Clark multiple times. Clark was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Deputy Williams was transported to Shands Hospital where he was treated and released, Williams was wearing a ballistic vest which stopped the round fired by Clark.
ASO says Recardio Clark was a convicted felon with a history of battery on law enforcement who was released from prison in July of 2012.
Both responding deputies have been placed on administrative leave during the investigation as dictated by policy.
The investigation is still active and ongoing. Further details will be released as they become available.
If anyone has information regarding this incident they are encouraged to call (352) 955-1818, or Crimestoppers at (352) 372-STOP.
- A man kills doe and shoots at officers
- Grand Jury Makes Decision About Officer-Involved Shooting
- PBA Supports Officers Involved In Adu-Brempong Shooting
- GPD Officer Involved Shooting Update
- Phoenix Officer Involved in Sixth Deadly Shooting
- Man Awaiting Trial For Killing His Family Involved in Jail Fight
- A Man is Killed after Pointing a Gun at Officers
- Alachua Deputy Shoots, Kills Man After Fight
- Belleview Man Kills His Girlfriend, Shoots His Daughter
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car