Man Killed in Officer Involved Shooting
Gainesville, Fla. -- One man is dead following an officer-involved shooting at the Tower Oaks Glenn apartment complex Saturday night.
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office reports deputies responded to the apartment after receiving a complaint about an assault and battery.
According to the report, deputies made contact with 33 year-old Recardio Shormon Clark at the apartment.
While talking with deputies, Clark fired at one, Deputy William Frank Williams, with a handgun, hitting him in the chest.
Deputy Williams then returned fire hitting Clark multiple times. Clark was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Deputy Williams was transported to Shands Hospital where he was treated and released, Williams was wearing a ballistic vest which stopped the round fired by Clark.
ASO says Recardio Clark was a convicted felon with a history of battery on law enforcement who was released from prison in July of 2012.
Both responding deputies have been placed on administrative leave during the investigation as dictated by policy.
The investigation is still active and ongoing. Further details will be released as they become available.
If anyone has information regarding this incident they are encouraged to call (352) 955-1818, or Crimestoppers at (352) 372-STOP.
- Gainesville Man Who Was Involved In Shooting Now Behind Bars
- Man Killed in Williston Shooting
- Officer-involved shooting latest
- Man killed in shooting at Gainesville motel
- Suspect identified in deputy-involved shooting
- CCSO deputy involved in shooting
- Officials say teen sent texts prior to officer involved shooting
- Organizations offer counseling following officer involved shooting
- ASO arrest man in possible connection to meth lab
- Marion County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man involved in armed robberies