In Marion County 160 First Year Teachers Will Lose Their Jobs
MARION COUNTY - In Marion County, 160 first year teachers and more than 100 other public school employees have been notified their positions will be eliminated next year due to budget cuts.
The cuts alone amount to almost 4 million dollars, but the projected deficit for next year's budget leaves a remaining 25 million dollars still to be cut.
According to Marion County Public Schools, the budget process is on - going, and if more cuts are needed, possibilities include district - wide furlough days for employees and pay reductions.
- Levy County Teachers May Be Losing Jobs
- Marion County Sheriff's Deputy Will Not Be Getting His Job Back
- Marion County Teachers Will Soon Get Pay Increase
- SFC Production Manager Loses Job After 37 Years of Service
- Columbia County Woman Arrested for $160,000 In Medicaid Fraud
- New Jobs in Marion County
- Habitat For Humanity Cutting Jobs In Marion County
- Marion County Job Growth on Rise
- New FedEx Facility in Marion County to Create 100 Jobs
- Alachua County's Teacher of the Year