Road Dedication Honors Fallen Hero
Published June 25th, 2013
A local man who gave the ultimate sacrifice was honored in Alachua on June 14th.
U.S. Army Private Lamarol Tucker was killed in action in May 2011 while serving in Afghanistan.
Tucker was a graduate of Santa Fe High School and enlisted in the Army during 2009.
A portion of Northwest County Road 241 was dedicated in his honor.
The director of Veteran Services in Alachua County says it's important to honor those who gave their life protecting our freedoms.
"It's important to remember the veterans who serve our country because not only is it an education and a history for our children to have to pass down, but it reminds us of how precious freedom is."
The Alachua County Board of County Commissioners passed the highway naming back in February.
- Mile-Long Memorial Honors Fallen Heros
- Honoring a Fallen Hero
- "Remembering Our Fallen" Exhibit Honors Local Heroes
- Highway Dedicated To Fallen Soldier
- Road Dedication In Ocala
- Road Dedication In Memory of Corporal David Moss
- Street Renamed After Fallen Hero
- Fallen Hero Returns Home
- "He Loved Everything about Being a Soldier," Fallen Hero's Body Returns Home
- Remembering a Fallen Hero