Sheriff's Office Auction Benefits Local Gun Dealers
LEVY COUNTY, Fla.- It’s an auction sponsored by the Levy County Sheriff’s office, and open to local gun shops for an opportunity for the sheriff’s office to empty their evidence room, and for business owners to stock their shelves.
Levy County Sheriff's Lt. Scott Tummond explains the process, “It’s a barter deal, they give us a figure on how much they think the guns are worth and then we receive store credit, that store credit allows our office to outfit our deputies on the road with new and updated equipment that they need.”
3 local gun stores responded to the invitation to bid and 2 placed sealed envelope bids.
***Update*** The "Southern Sportsman Gun and Pawn," were contacted Thursday afternoon with information that they won the bid.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- A Federal Gun Charge Could Be Filed Against SWAT Standoff Suspect
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Cracks Down on Career Criminals
- Deputy Robert Lundy Awarded Florida Sheriff's AssociatIon Law Enforcement Officer of the Year
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Sheriff's office hosts youth dialogue session