Sheriff's Office Auction Benefits Local Gun Dealers
LEVY COUNTY, Fla.- It’s an auction sponsored by the Levy County Sheriff’s office, and open to local gun shops for an opportunity for the sheriff’s office to empty their evidence room, and for business owners to stock their shelves.
Levy County Sheriff's Lt. Scott Tummond explains the process, “It’s a barter deal, they give us a figure on how much they think the guns are worth and then we receive store credit, that store credit allows our office to outfit our deputies on the road with new and updated equipment that they need.”
3 local gun stores responded to the invitation to bid and 2 placed sealed envelope bids.
***Update*** The "Southern Sportsman Gun and Pawn," were contacted Thursday afternoon with information that they won the bid.
- A Federal Gun Charge Could Be Filed Against SWAT Standoff Suspect
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Marion County Sheriff's Office responds to grand jury's recommendations
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Sheriff Chris Blair cuts deal; charges dropped as he drops out of race
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- Routine Arrest Leads to Stolen Police Gun