Sheriff's Office Auction Benefits Local Gun Dealers
LEVY COUNTY, Fla.- It’s an auction sponsored by the Levy County Sheriff’s office, and open to local gun shops for an opportunity for the sheriff’s office to empty their evidence room, and for business owners to stock their shelves.
Levy County Sheriff's Lt. Scott Tummond explains the process, “It’s a barter deal, they give us a figure on how much they think the guns are worth and then we receive store credit, that store credit allows our office to outfit our deputies on the road with new and updated equipment that they need.”
3 local gun stores responded to the invitation to bid and 2 placed sealed envelope bids.
***Update*** The "Southern Sportsman Gun and Pawn," were contacted Thursday afternoon with information that they won the bid.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- A Federal Gun Charge Could Be Filed Against SWAT Standoff Suspect
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Cracks Down on Career Criminals
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- Routine Arrest Leads to Stolen Police Gun
- Federal Benefit Check Payment System Will Change In March
- Graduate Assistants Rally at UF for Lower Fees and More Benefits