UF Issues Alert for New Phishing Scam
GAINESVILLE - University of Florida issued a warning Monday of a new email scam or phishing scam.
The scam attempts to convince unsuspecting recipients to register for anti-spam software by opening an attached fake registration form.
That form then asks UF users to supply their username and password.
An example of the phishing message is included in the link below.
As a reminder, never reply to an email with personal information such as your account username and password.
Click https://alerts.it.ufl.edu/2404 to see the scam.
- Ambert Alert Issued for Two Young Boys
- U.S. Issues Global Travel Alert Citing Al-Qaida Threats
- Stay of Execution Issued for Convicted Killer
- Florida Lottery Warns of Lottery Scam
- Zimmerman Trial: School Records at Issue
- Phishing Scam
- Florida Sheriff Orders Review of Abduction Alert
- Justice Department Finds Issues at Panhandle Jail
- Health Policy Cancellations: New Blow for Administration
- Raising Awareness About New Health Laws in Florida