Altercation Turns Deadly In Ocala
OCALA - 40-year-old Julius Jerome Jacobs was found dead near Southwest 19th Avenue and 3rd Street in Ocala. Moments before Jacobs was shot in the face there was an altercation that happened right here on a driveway, leaving him lifeless.
Now neighbors tell us the three suspects ran that way and that they fled on foot. Shantell Carr an acquaintance of Jacobs saw it all unveil before her eyes. "When I was talking to him I was leaned over to him and i said bro get up bro... Just like that. He was talking and huffing back to me. He was like *gasp* *gasp* and he was passing out," Carr said.
The Ocala Police Department says the three suspects have been identified as black males. Lt. Louis Biondi Ocala Police Department. "At this point there's not a lot of information to out other than detectives actively going after a few leads," Lt. Biondi said.
If you have any tips that may lead police to the suspects please don't hesitate to call crime stoppers at 352-368-7867 (STOP).
- Phony Money In Gainesville & Ocala
- Attempted Murder Suspect In Alachua, Behind Bars
- Double Shooting In Lake City, Family Reaction
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Deadly Shooting Raises Questions Among Archer Community
- Gainesville Police Trying To Keep Kids Out Of Trouble
- Puppy Buried Alive, Accidentally Found By Williston Police
- Parts Of Ocala Under Rabies Alert
- Police: Ocala Man Turns Himself In After Shooting
- UPDATE: One dead, One Police Officer in Critical Condition After Altercation Outside Restaurant