Archery Range Gets Olympic Rings
The Easton Newberry Sports Complex has been selected by the U.S. Olympic Committee as a Community Olympic Development Program.
Easton Newberry is one of only 10 programs nationwide to recieve this designation by the USOC for it's ability to train coaches and athletes.
Earlier this afternoon the complex hels its "end of session shoot," celebrating those students who just finished their two month training class.
The student's practiced their competition skills ranging from different levels.
Kids of all ages got the chance to show off what they had learned from teh class.
One coach said archery is a true sport for everyone.
"It's a fantastic sport for anyone that is involved. You can have someone in a wheelchair shooting against someone that's standing. You can have a big, strong guy with a small, light framed woman and be on the exact same level, " said Head Archery Coach, Robert Turner.
The unveiling of the new Olympic rings will take place on August 30th.
- Police Officers Ring in the Holidays with a Shopping Spree for a Group of Students
- UF Student Carries Olympic Torch
- Students hold winter Olympics
- Alachua County Teens Advance to World Indoor Archery Championship
- Westside Elementary archery team competes in nationals
- Newberry family gets a new Habitat home
- Six injured in Marion County gun range accident
- Accidental Shooting at gun range injures six
- Newberry Students Honored
- Newberry HS students learn a lesson in safe driving