Arrest Made in Murder of Interlachen Man
Published July 26th, 2013
PUTNAM COUNTY -- One man is dead, another in jail, following a deadly altercation early Thursday just outside of Interlachen.
Putnam County Sheriff's Deputies were called out to a trailer home off of Caribbean Street around 5:30 in the morning. That's where they discovered the body of Eric Santiago, 26, lying outside of the home, the apparent victim of gunshot wounds.
Porfirio Torres, who neighbors say was staying at the home with his girlfriend and two kids, was later questioned by investigators.
A neighbor who lives across the street from Torres, but did not want to be identified, says he noticed deputies questioning Torres about possible blood stains on his clothes.
Following hours of additional questioning, Torres was arrested on one charge of first-degree murder, and booked into the Putnam County Jail.
Deputies are not releasing why they believe Santiago was at Torres' home at that time, or what led up to their altercation.
- Investigators Find Body Believed To Be Missing Man From Interlachen
- Loved Ones Searching For Missing Interlachen Man
- Attempted Murder in Putnam
- Man blows up home and burns himself while making meth
- Ring of Criminals Connected To 50 Burglaries Arrested
- Arrest made in Gilchrist County murder case
- Arrests Made in Chaffin Murder
- Arrest Made In 3 Year Old Murder
- Man Who Committed Murder Earlier This Month Is Arrested
- Three Arrests Made for Citra Mobile Home Fires