GRU Says to Avoid Contact With Hogtown Creek
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville Regional Utilities is advising citizens to avoid contact with Hogtown Creek west of 34th Street and south of University Avenue in Gainesville until further notice.
Approximately 400,000 gallons of sewage has spilled into the creek and that area because of a failed joint on a main line.
GRU expects sewage spillage will also occur into Possum Creek.
They are hoping the water clears up in the next 3-5 days, but in the meantime, try to conserve your water from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. as GRU works to repair the damage.
- Residents Near Hogtown and Possum Creek Should Boil Water
- PSC Says GRU Can Build New Plant
- Hogtown Craft Beer Festival Draws Brewers, Enthusiasts
- Battle of Hogtown
- Supernatural Expert Looks To Make Contact With The Dead
- Contact Solution Recall
- School District Unveils Text Message Emergency Contact System
- Be Cautious of Halloween Costume Contacts
- Largest Prescribed Burn at Etoniah Creek State Forest
- Anthony Paying $25,000 to Avoid Writing Life Story