People Worried About Illness Spreading at Lowell Correctional Institution
MARION COUNTY - A recent death at the Lowell Correctional Facility in Marion County has some people worried that a spreading illness is to blame.
Close to 150 inmates of R- Dorm have been quarantined for having "flu-like" symptoms, but officials say the inmate's death has nothing to do with the illness.
One of the inmates in R-Dorm, Yvonnne Eugena McBride, died wednesday but her cause of death has not been confirmed.
The Department of Corrections is working with the Department of Health to make sure inmates recover quickly.
- Residents Brainstorm Ideas for Gainesville's Former Correctional Institution
- Inmates, officers injured in riot at Suwannee Correctional Institution
- Plans For The Vacant Gainesville Correctional Institution Building
- Some Worried About Construction Site In Buck Bay
- Lamplighter Residents Worried about Increased Burglaries
- Double Down Owner Worries about Noise Complaints
- Cedar Key Not Worried About Gulf Oil Spill
- Feds Worried About Job Gains
- Child Abuse Prevention Task Force educates people about child safety
- Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete Kira Lowell