Prayer Vigil for Trayvon Martin
The latest in the George Zimmerman murder trial... just a few moments ago, the jury asked the judge for clarification on the instructions in considering manslaughter as a charge.
As the six women deliberate George Zimmerman's fate... people are holding rallies across the state of Florida encouraging peaceful demonstrations.
The Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Gainesville held a prayer vigil for Trayvon Martin this morning.
Telling people if Zimmerman walks...they should "not" react in violent ways.
They encouraged peaceful discussions... no matter the outcome... as people gathered to pray and reflect about the trial.
"We had a prayer service, a short prayer service involving members of different christian denominations, people of different races, male or female, people of different religions, so we came together in a show of unity and prayer for peace," said Reverend Louanne Loch, Rector of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church.
One of the reverands who helped organize the event said he was moved when he learned of martin's death because he has grandchildren who are Trayvon Martin's age.
- Gainesville Officials Are Prepared If Zimmerman Verdict Protests Happen
- Justice For Trayvon, Rallies Across The Nation
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Ruling on Other Zimmerman Phone Calls
- Peaceful Rally for Trayvon
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Zimmerman Trial: Not Guilty (Video)
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Rules on Audio Experts