Registered Sex Offender Arrested for Lewd Behavior on Underage Girl
Published July 27th, 2013
MARION COUNTY - A man with a history of sexual crimes against children stands accused of inappropriately touching and and taking photographs of an 11-year-old girl.
Darwin Fifield, 53, is charged with lewd behavior on a child under 12 years of age. According to the Marion County Sheriff's Office, one of the victim's family members was tipped off about the abuse after an anonymous letter was placed in their mailbox expressing concern that the young girl may be a victim of abuse.
In interviews with Sheriff's detectives, the girl said Fifield had been taking naked pictures of her ever since she was 8 years old. Additionally, the victim stated that Fifield had touched her inappropriately several times.
While Fifield denied the allegations when questioned, he was arrested after detectives did a background check and discovered that he was already a registered sex offender. Fifield was previously charged with having sex with an underage girl while living in New York back in 2003.
Despite his prior charge, Fifield's neighbors say they were never told explicitly that he was listed as a sex offender and had to look it up on their own after noticing what they described as 'strange' behavior on his part.
Fifield is now being held in the Marion County Jail on a $25,000 bond.
- Registered Sex Offender in Ocala Arrested Again
- School Board Member Arrested For Lewd Behavior
- Sex Offender Arrested on New Rape Charges
- Sex Offender Arrested in Gainesville Neighborhood
- 19 Arrested in Cross-County Sexual Offender Sting Called "Operation Wrangler"
- Marion County Sex Abuse Case
- Convicted Sex Offender Asks to be Castrated
- Florida Sex Offenders Using Social Media
- Marion County School Employee Accused Of Molesting Girl
- HALLOWEEN SEX OFFENDERS