Search for Omar Gibson Continues One Year Later
Published July 25th, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla.- It's been 365 days since Omar Gibson of Gainesville was declared missing.
Today his mother is calling for more work to be done.
Gainesville police detectives say Gibson's case has not gone cold.
Gibson was reported missing to police by his family 5 days before he was declared missing by authorities.
He was last known to be at Palm Brooks Apartments on NW 39th avenue in Gainesville.
His famly is frustrated by a lack of closure.
"Just not knowing and not being able to function everyday because you don't know where your child is, it's the hardest part because i don't have closure, i just wanna know what happened and if anything has happened, i want the people who're responsible for this to be held accountable, my son, he deserves justice too," say Gibson's mother, Sharon Ferguson.
Detectives are still collecting leads.
There is still a thousand dollar reward for anyone with information leading to an arrest.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 352-372-7867 or Detective Lormil at 352-393-7616.
- Search for Omar Gibson Continues
- Omar Gibson's Family Hopes to Keep GPD on the Right Track
- 4 Years Later, Still No Answers
- Search for Next University of Florida President Continues
- Search for Kamrie Mitchell Continues
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit
- Gainesville Police Search for Missing Man
- Gainesville Little One's Event Celebrates 35 Years of Giving
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
- One body found while search continues for missing boater