"Spelling Fail" on Roadside Sign
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Department of Transportation had some explaining to do when Florida was misspelled on an Interstate 95 exit sign in Jacksonville.
First Coast News reports the signs being installed along I-95 were produced by a sign manufacturer in Arkansas.
The mistake was spotted on a sign set to go up at the J. Turner Boulevard exit. Florida was misspelled twice on one sign. It says University of North "Flordia" and "Flordia" State College South Campus.
A spokesman for the sign company told First Coast News it will fix the mistakes for free.
- Dunnellon Sells Failed "Greenlight" Business in Effort to Avoid Bankruptcy
- A Local Business Benefits from Gators and Florida Gulf Coast Pre-Game
- Lift Off from the Space Coast!
- 5 Key Moments From First Week of Zimmerman Trial
- Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti
- Roadside Safety Checkpoint in Alachua County on New Year's Eve
- Animal Abuse in Bradford County; Four Dogs left on Roadside
- "Sign of the Times" in High Springs
- "Hateful" Sign Causes Neighborhood Uproar
- Coast Guard Repatriates 7 Cuban Migrants