"Stuff the Bus" Making It's Way Across Marion County
About 2,600 students in Marion County Public Schools are identified as "needy children."
In many cases, parents can't afford the long list of school supplies needed for the new school year.
Operation "Stuff the Bus" is making it's way across Marion County.
For the past 12 years, the drive has gathered school supplies for homeless children attending Marion County Public Schools.
On Wednesday residents donated everything from pencils, to crayons and backpacks.
All the supplies are sent directly to public schools arounf the county where parents can request the donated supplies.
"We all want our children to have a wonderful school experience so this let's the community support any family who just needs a little bit of help to get their kids going in the right track for school," said Suzanne McGuire who is the Homeless and Community Liaison for Marion County public Schools.
Here is a list of where the bus will stop:
· Saturday, July 20 – Walmart, Easy Street, 2600 SW 19 Ave, Ocala
· Saturday, July 27 – Walmart Silver Springs, 4980 East Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala
· Saturday, August 3 – Kmart, 10301 SE US Hwy 441, Belleview
· Super Tuesday, August 6 (various government offices)
· Saturday, August 10 – Walmart, The Villages, 17961 S. US Hwy 441, Summerfield
- "Operation: Stuff the Bus" Event Saturday
- Santa Fe College "Starts The Bus"
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville
- Bus stop concerns for parents in Marion County
- Lyme disease making its way across US
- LPGA tournament players make a surprise stop at a children's hospital
- Cities Will Receive Less Money From Gas Taxes
- United Way teams up for children
- Sex offender near school bus stop
- Marion County Teachers Will Soon Get Pay Increase