"Stuff the Bus" Making It's Way Across Marion County
About 2,600 students in Marion County Public Schools are identified as "needy children."
In many cases, parents can't afford the long list of school supplies needed for the new school year.
Operation "Stuff the Bus" is making it's way across Marion County.
For the past 12 years, the drive has gathered school supplies for homeless children attending Marion County Public Schools.
On Wednesday residents donated everything from pencils, to crayons and backpacks.
All the supplies are sent directly to public schools arounf the county where parents can request the donated supplies.
"We all want our children to have a wonderful school experience so this let's the community support any family who just needs a little bit of help to get their kids going in the right track for school," said Suzanne McGuire who is the Homeless and Community Liaison for Marion County public Schools.
Here is a list of where the bus will stop:
· Saturday, July 20 – Walmart, Easy Street, 2600 SW 19 Ave, Ocala
· Saturday, July 27 – Walmart Silver Springs, 4980 East Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala
· Saturday, August 3 – Kmart, 10301 SE US Hwy 441, Belleview
· Super Tuesday, August 6 (various government offices)
· Saturday, August 10 – Walmart, The Villages, 17961 S. US Hwy 441, Summerfield
- "Operation: Stuff the Bus" Event Saturday
- Santa Fe College "Starts The Bus"
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville
- Stuff the Bus Marion County
- Marion County Firefighters "Pass The Boot", looking to make a difference
- Marion County Sheriff Makes "Bold" Proposal
- Stuff The Bus For Levy County School
- Bradford County Wins 3-Way Playoff For District 4-4A Runner Up, Will Advance to Playoffs
- County Makes Way for Controversial Path Proposal
- Alachua County Man Arrested for Stalking Woman at Bus Stop