Suspect Arrested in Putnam County Animal Abuse Case
WELAKA, Fla.- The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office received a call Monday regarding an abandoned dog and her six puppies on the side of the road in Welaka Florida.
The dog and four of her pit bull hound mix puppies have since died including one Tuesday morning.
Putnam County Sheriff’s Detectives were thinking the same thing.
Less than a day after receiving the call, Sheriff’s Deputies arrested 27 year old Deondra Milledge on 5 charges of animal cruelty.
Deputy Paula Priester says there are measures in place to prevent crimes against animals in the county.
“Last year we did offer free vouchers to residents of Putnam County to have their dogs spayed or neutered we were only given a certain amount of those vouchers and when we ran out we didn’t have any more but we will be getting those again this year and it will include cats.”
The vouchers are being distributed based on household size and income.
The surviving 2 puppies in this case are in the custody of a good samaritan who rescued them on the side of the road.
- Third suspect arrested in sexual battery case in Marion County
- Man Wanted for Public Animal Abuse
- Indiana Murder Suspect Arrested in Putnam County
- Putnam County Murder Suspect Arrested
- Putnam County animal shelter temporarily shut downs following outbreak
- Case of Medicaid Abuse and Fraud Unfolds With Fifth Arrest
- Man Arrested In Abuse Case
- As Dog Recovers, PETA Offers Reward in Search for Abuser
- Happy Ending for Abused Dogs Rescued in Newberry
- Fifth Case Of Eastern Equine Encephalitis In North Central Florida