Suspicious Death In Gilchrist County Still Under Investigation
Bell, Fla. -- Family and friends are searching for answers after a Gilchrist county woman was found dead near her home this morning.
Although investigators have been working all day, few details have been released.
The Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office is working with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate what they're calling a suspicious death.
Early Wednesday morning just before 3 am officials responded to a call from family members of the victim 55-year-old Joyce Burrow.
She was found near her home on County Road 340 and NW 25th Cir.
While authorities are still working the crime scene, those who knew her are devastated.
Burrow used to work at Hitchcock's in Trenton, an employee we spoke to tells us Burrow worked there for 26 years and retired just last year.
Gilchrist County Sheriff's officials are asking anyone who might know something to call (352) 463-3410.
- 'Suspicious Death' In Gilchrist County Ruled A Homicide
- Small Plane Crash in Levy County Still Under Investigation
- MCSO Investigating "Suspicious Death" Inside Ocklawaha Home
- GPD Investigating Suspicious Death
- Deputies Investigating Suspicious Death
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy
- Gilchrist County Murder Investigation Continues
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Investigation Continues In The Death Of A Marion County Man