Woman Crashes Car Into Ocala Daycare
Published July 24th, 2013
Early this morning a woman drove to a day care center in Ocala… but not to drop off her child.
The woman slammed her SUV into the infants room at the "Children's Place East" daycare.
Two infants were sleeping in the room at the time of the crash… but thanks to two teachers, no one was hurt.
One teacher saw the car coming and carried one of the children away as fast as she could.
"Thank god that we didn't panic and we all just got them all out safely and getting in shock and was just stuck. so, it was scary but thank god that we got them all out," said teacher Patrice Hopkins.
Ocala police say it's still not clear what caused the woman to lose control of her car.
According to an officer who was present, the driver seemed confused and couldn't remember parts of her drive.
She was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
- Possible Medical Emergency May Be Responsible For A One Car Crash In Ocala
- Deadly car crash in Ocala
- Ocala Man Dies In Car Crash
- Car Crashes into Ocala Home
- Car crash outside of Ocala drive in theater
- Ocala Woman Gives Birth in Car
- Miami Woman Charged In Connection To Toddler Daycare Drowning Death
- Self-driving car driver died after crash in Williston, a first
- Investigators say Tesla car was speeding at time of crash
- Toddler found outside, alone at Daycare