Alachua County Schools Hold Annual Meet and Greet for Parents and Students
Published August 15th, 2013
ALACHUA COUNTY- Public school will officially start Monday for kids across Alachua County but classroom doors are already open.
Pre-schoolers and kindergarteners at some elementary schools are using a trial run to shake off some of the pre-game jitters.
There were a fair share of nervous faces today but the anxiety soon wore off after a warm welcome.
Teachers and administrators are inviting students and parents over the next two days to take a stop by their elementary, middle, and high schools.
Teachers like Kathleen Baumstein say these visits serve multiple purposes especially for the younger students
"Most importantly it's a time for the children to come in and get to know their environment because these are kindergarteners and they've never been to school before in a public school usually, it's a big place a little intimidating so it's a time when they get to walk in and feel more comfortable and more ready for Monday."
Baumstein been teaching for more than 10 years and says that events like these are a good opportunity for her to collect important information from parents, like how their child will be getting home everyday and if they have any medical issues.
Baumstein says that continued parent involvement is important for the success of all her students.
For information on times and schedules for meet and greets visit: www.sbac.edu
- Alachua County Legislative Delegation Annual Meeting
- Condoms will be officially available in Alachua County schools, parents will have choice to opt-out
- Controversy at Alachua County School Board Meeting
- Alachua County Student Assaulted At School
- Alachua County Students React to President's School Day Speech
- Half of Alachua County Public School Students Expected to Ride Bus When Classes Start
- Levy County Holds 2nd Annual Public Safety Expo
- Alachua County's 'Foster Grandparents' On Hold Due to Government Shutdown
- Alachua County 4H Holding Open House
- Annual "Alachua County Legislative Delegation" Hearing