Crash Kills Two Fathers and Two Teens in Dixie County
CROSS CITY - A fatal crash at a Cross City intersection in Dixie County has killed four people, including two teens.
And it happened at the same exact spot where tragedy struck one of the victims' families almost six years ago.
Troopers from the Florida Highway Patrol say Eddie Lazo blew through a stop sign at an intersection on Highway 55 and U.S 19 in Cross City.
His truck hit another truck, containing two fathers and their kids.
Rayford Enfinger was driving with his 15 year-old daughter Katie along with another father Julius Micale and his 13 year-old son, Levi.
The two fathers and the 13 year-old boy died at the scene, while the 15 year-old girl died while being transported to a helicopter.
Troopers say there is probable cause that Lazo had been drinking and driving but they are still waiting for the results of his blood test.
Lazo is currently at UF Health in Gainesville in crtical condition.
We were able to speak to Adam Bougher, the brother in law of Julius Micale, one of the fathers killed who says his death is particularly harsh on their family, because six years ago they lost their 20 year-old family member Ashley Snedeker and her one year old baby at that exact intersection.
- Car Crash in Dixie County; Two Men Airlifted to Shands
- Levy County Plane Crash Kills Two
- Deputies: Teen Kills Father in Domestic Dispute
- Father Honors Memory of Son Killed in Car Crash
- Dixie County deputy and Two Women fatally wounded In Shootout
- Deadly Crash in Dixie County
- 2 Teens Killed in Crash
- Deadly crash kills two women on I-75
- Two Adults, Four Kids Killed in Three Vehicle Crash
- Citra Crash Kills Two