Deadly Crash in Dixie County
An early morning crash in Dixie County left four dead and one in critical condition.
The four that were killed were traveling in one car: They were a father and daughter, ages 51 and 15 , and another father and his son, ages 35 and 13.
The driver of the vehicle who caused the accident failed to stop at the stop sign on U.S. 19 and hit the other vehicle on its right side, causing both vehicles to travel over east and west bound lanes and coming to a stop on the grassy shoulder.
The driver of the second vehicle and the father and son passengers died on the scene and the daughter of the driver died while being transported via ambulance to an awaiting helicopter.
The driver of the vehicle at fault is in critical condition at UF Health Shands Hosptial.
The Florida Highway Patrol is currently investigating whether or not he was intoxicated at the time of the crash.
- Florida Highway Patrol Up For Reaccreditation
- FL Highway Patrol Cracks Down on Speeding and Aggressive Drivers
- Family Reacts to Deadly Dixie County Fire
- Car Crash in Dixie County; Two Men Airlifted to Shands
- Crash Kills Two Fathers and Two Teens in Dixie County
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Air Force Drone Crash Closes Remote Fla. Highway
- One Dead in Union County Crash
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Two ATV Crashes in Levy County Leave Both Riders Dead