Deadly Crash Victims' Family Speaks Out
Published August 12th, 2013
DIXIE COUNTY- A Sunday morning car crash claiming the lives of 4 people is currently under investigation.
Relatives of the recently deceased say the group of four were on their way back from a night of stargazing when Eddie Lazo sped through a stop sign and struck their vehicle.
51 year old, Rayford Enfinger, his 15 year old daughter Katie as well as Julius Micale and his 13 year old son Levi were all killed from the injuries they suffered.
Florida Highway Patrol Investigators say according to witness statements Lazo is to blame for the accident.
“According to witness statements, Mr. Lazo failed to stop at the stop sign, traveled into the intersection, striking the right passenger side of the other truck,” says Florida Highway Patrol Spokesperson, Sgt. Tracy Pace.
Lazo was last listed in critical condition after the crash and is currently being treated at UF Health Shands Hospital in Gainesville.
FHP investigators say there was probable cause that Lazo had been drinking before the accident.
The results of his blood test are part of the ongoing investigation.
- Victims' Mothers Speak Out
- Victim's family speaks out about Gainesville standoff
- "A Pillar in the Community." A Fire Victim's Family Speaks Out
- Family of High Springs Murder Victims Speak Out
- Victims' Rights Week
- A Look Into Sandusky Scandal Victims' Psychology
- Murder victim's mother speaks out
- Crash Victim Mother Speaks
- Home Invasion Victim Speaks Out
- Victim Speaks Out in Hopes of Finding Rapist