Levy County Home Invasion, Gunman Killed
LEVY COUNTY - A convicted felon hit his breaking point early this morning sending one man to the hospital with gun shot wounds before being shot and killed himself.
The Levy County Sheriff's Office tells us John Paul Robinson was rooming with a woman and another man when the woman in the house filed a restraining order against Robinson.
Robinson moved out but over the next few days, came back to the house and slashed the tires of the male roommate still there and stole a gun from the house.
Robinson came back again early this moring, wearing a camoflauge mask and dark clothing, armed with a shotgun as he broke into the house and started exchanging gunfire with the woman's roommate.
Lt. Scott Tummond with the Levy County Sheriff's Office says "based on what information we have, the male that confronted Mr. Robinson when he entered the home, they did have a history. They had some verbal disturbances in the past. He entered that home with the purpose to do violence."
Robinson was killed by one shot to the left shoulder.
The male roomate was transported to UF Health and is in stable condition.
Robinson has been in and out of prison five times in his life, one of those charges with an 18 year sentence.
- Gainesville Home Invasion, Possibly Drug Related
- Man shot and killed in home invasion robbery
- Levy County Home Invasion and Shooting
- Family and friends remember victim killed in home invasion
- Couple Arrested after Home Invasion
- Police looking for 2 men involved in Palatka home invasion
- Suspects in Gainesville home invasion robbery caught
- MCSO Home Invasion
- Home invasion double murder leaves Weirsdale neighbors shocked
- Home invasion in Marion County leaves 2 dead