2 adults and 4 children missing in Nevada have been found in "fairly good condition."
Lightning Strikes Ocala Home
Published August 18th, 2013
OCALA - No one was harmed in the saturday fire but the home of one Ocala man has certainly seen better days.
Neighbors says they've never seen or heard of anything like it.
At around 7 Saturday night lightning struck Hisham Shanawany's home, causing it to catch fire
The fire started in the attic soon after lightning hit the roof.
Shanawany credits his neighbor to saving his house.
"The neighbor saved my cat saved my house, i am indebted to her, all the other neighbors also called but i think she was one of the first to react, so she's a hero," says owner of the damaged home, Hisham Shanawany.
Ocala fire rescue responded to his 911 call and quickly put out the attic fire.
No one was home at the time of the incident which prompted firefighters broke through the front door to contain the flames.
Shanawany was actually at his parents home recovering from eye surgery at the time of the fire and says he's lucky no one was hurt.
Damage to the house is estimated to be around 8-thousand dollars.
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Lightning Strikes Boy During Football Practice
- Ninja Robber Strikes in Ocala
- Ocala Home Hit by Home-Made Acid Bomb
- Lightning May Be Cause of Large YMCA Fire
- Lightning Sparks Several Wildfires
- National Lightning Safety Awareness Week
- Ocala Home Shooting
- Second Ocala Home Invasion in One Week
- Ocala Man Fights Back Against Home Invaders