Michael Bargo Takes the Stand in a Surprise Testimony
OCALA - The defense wrapped its case on Friday, but over the weekend Michael Bargo had a change of heart.
Bargo's attorney says his client decided to take the stand today, the judge granting the request since it is a death penalty case and Bargo's life is on the line.
Bargo testified that he had no hand in the murder, but did say he helped dispose of the remains because he was fearful of the ramifications if he didn't.
The state was allowed to call a rebuttal witness, so they had Kyle Hooper on the stand.
Hooper, who has already been sentence to life in prison for his role in the murder testified that Michael Bargo came up with the plot to murder Seath Jackson and it was Bargo who shot the 15 year old.
The defense and the state are supposed to enter into closing arguments tomorrow and then the case will be handed to the jury.
- Michael Bargo Takes the Stand in Trial
- Michael Bargo's Mother Gives Emotional Testimony
- Spencer Hearing for Convicted Killer Michael Bargo
- Opening Statements in Michael Bargo Trial
- Witnesses Testify in Bargo Trial
- Michael Bargo Trial Continues
- Closing Arguments Finished in Michael Bargo Trial
- Jury in Michael Bargo Trial Considers Life or Death Sentence
- Zimmerman Day 12: Defense Rests Without Him Taking Stand
- Leo Dorbad Takes the Stand