Third Victim of Lake Butler Shooting Spree Dies
LAKE BUTLER, Fla. -- TV20 has confirmed that 44-year-old David Griffis, the fourth person hit in a shooting spree over the weekend died of his injuries Tuesday morning.
Griffis was shot Saturday by Hubert Allen, Jr in the small city of Lake Butler.
The Union County sheriff reports Griffis was taken off life support Monday night.
The shooting began Saturday morning. Deputies report Allen shot four people who worked for Pritchett Trucking -- before taking his own life. Allen was also a long time employee until several weeks before the shooting.
In addition to Griffis, Marvin Pritchett, owner of the company, and farmhand Ronaldo Gonzalez-Delgado also died.
Pritchett's funeral will take place Friday at 2pm at First Christian Church in Lake Butler. The funeral is open to the public.
Lewis Mabrey, Jr. was also injured but is expected to make a full recovery.
- Gunman in Lake Butler Shooting Spree Left Behind a Note
- Five Shot and Three Dead in Lake Butler Shooting Spree
- Third victim dies in Chardon High School Shooting
- Funeral Arrangements for Lake Butler Victims
- One Man Still In Critical Condition After Shooting In Lake Butler
- Uncle: Patriots Player and Former Gator Linked to Homicide Victim
- Police: Girl, 8, was Victim of Predator
- Bikers Raise Money for Theater Victim's Family
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station