Two Men Arrested for Raping and Drugging Women
Published August 16th, 2013
Two women who were drugged and raped have come forward and told their story and those stories have led to the arrest of two men.
26-year-old Gustavo Herdocia and 21-year-old Carlos Telleria were arrested after two 18-year-old women say that Herdocia and Telleria bought them over 21 wristbands and drinks at 101 Cantina last Friday.
The two women say that half way during their drinks, they felt extremely intoxicated.
The two remember waking up while both men were sexually assaulting them.
Both men have criminal records: Herdocia has been arrested for criminal mischief and Telleria was arrested last year for serving drinks to a minor.
"We definitely believe that these guys have done this kind of activity before and are thinking that the victims are reluctant to come forward. We're hoping that with their arrest and them already being behind bars, that people will come forward and contact us to get the justice that they deserve."
With students coming back to campus next week, police are emphasizing that if you go out to a bar, watch your drink at all times.
Again, if you think you may have been victimized by these men or others, the Gainesville Police Department encourages you to call them and tell them your story.
Your private information will stay confidential.
Lauren Lettelier, TV20 News.
- Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspects
- Two Men Arrested for Drugs, Suspected of Burglaries
- Gainesville Police Arrest Two In Credit Card Scam
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
- Two Men Arrested by Miami-Dade Police for Running Illegal Slaughterhouse
- Two Men Shot During Robbery at Ocala Barbershop
- Red Light Cameras Taken Out in Dunnellon
- North Florida Patients Informed of Possible Contamination
- New Bug Species in Florida
- Suspicious Letters Scare in Marion County