Actress Judith Chapman Teaches Class at Santa Fe
She left the soap opera to hop on a soapbox.
Known to daytime television fans as "Gloria Abbott" in "The Young and the Restless," actress Judith Chapman visited theater students at Santa Fe College today.
Chapman actually taught an acting class there this morning.
"She's just living my dream right now so it's just really inspiring for me to see her," said Santa Fe student, Langston Dunbar.
19-year-old Langston Dunbar went to class knowing he was in for a surprise.
As part of the College of Fine Arts "Master Artists Series," class was taught by no other than daytime television actress Judith Chapman.
The series brings artists to the college where students learn directly from them in collaborative performances and private classes.
"It encouraged me to know that there is a way and that there's hope for the future in this business and there's a way that i can do that," said Dunbar.
Chapman taught two classes at the college… acting and acting for the camera.
She interacted with the students and gave them advice on auditions, stage fright, and being confidant
"Have fun, be fearless, be courageous, and don't let anybody judge you. But more than that don't judge yourself," said Chapman
And maybe most importantly, she offered a few encouraging words to never give up.
"Be prepared to make the sacrifices, to study, to work, and do the work," Chapman said.
Chapman will perform her role in "Vivian," a one- woman play about the life of Oscar- winning film star Vivien Leigh.
Thats at the Santa Fe theater on Saturday.
To see the full interview with Judith Chapman, visit our website.
- Actress Judith Chapman Teaches at Santa Fe College
- Rape Aggression Defense Classes at Santa Fe College Teach Important Lesson
- One Class at a Time: Meet December 13' Winner Judith Weaver
- Santa Fe Teaching Zoo Otter Moving to Australia
- Baby Gibbon Celebrates First Birthday at Santa Fe Teaching Zoo
- AP Sources: Texas Actress Arrested in Ricin Case
- Newberry Elementary Recognized for Unique Teaching Model
- Westwood Middle School Boy Teaches Origami
- Who's Teaching Your Kids
- Teaching Justice