Deputies Find Fugitive Hiding in Air Vent
GAINESVILLE- A fugitive is back in jail after deputies found him hiding in an apartment's air conditioning system.
The incident happened Tuesday when Alachua County Sheriff's deputies were trying to serve an arrest warrant to 23-year-old Cornelius Banks.
According to deputies, as they searched the home, they noticed a large toy car had been placed in front of the air handler vent.
The vent was latched from the outside and they found Banks inside.
Banks was charged without bail with resisting arrest and probation violation.
- Deputies: Man Found Hiding In Ceiling Of Fla. Pharmacy
- Marshals Find Fugitive
- Deputies: Man Tries To Mask Drugs With Lotion, Air Freshener
- Local Woman in Jail After Deputies Find 'Elaborate' Mushroom-Growing Operation
- ASO Deputies Find Missing Man with Lifesaver Program
- Deputies: Airport Screeners Find Handgun In Woman's Carry-On Bag
- Deputies Find Stash Of Drugs During Traffic Stop
- Residents, County Officials Vent Frustrations at Bradford County Delegation Meeting
- Government Says UF Cannot Hide Locations of Animal Research Labs
- Police Remind Holiday Shoppers to Lock Car Doors and Hide Valuables