Labor Daze Fest In Gainesville 2013
GAINESVILLE - Labor day is a day off for many but some in Gainesville don't forget the meaning behind this holiday. Thousands gathered at the Bo Diddley Plaza for the annual Labor Daze Fest in Gainesville. It's an event dedicated to celebrate the people who make Gainesville run.
It's a free event, with rock wall climbing for kids and massages for adults.
Trisha Ingle the founder of Labor Daze Fest said, "We want to celebrate the people who work so hard and the people that are the reasons why we have a 40 hour work week and we have over time and why we have child labor laws and why we have safety laws. People forget but we owe a lot to the people that did this before us."
The event is going on until 10 pm tonight. So if you swing by you will find food trucks and live entertainment from local bands.
- Labor Daze Fest... Not Just For The Working
- Cedar Key Seafood Festival 2013
- Local Union Leaders Question The Future Of Labor
- Mobile Slavery Museum Hopes To Change Labor Conditions For Farmworkers
- Free Community Event: Labor Daze
- Labor Daze
- Downtown Latino Festival, Not The Only Hispanic Event In Town
- Cedar Key's Seafood Festival, A Way Of Life
- Micanopy's 39th Fall Festival
- Pet Safety For The Holidays