Man Accused of 2011 Parking Garage Murder on Trial
GAINESVILLE - The 21 year-old man accused of murder during a 2011 shooting at the downtown Gainesville parking garage is on trial this week.
But today, jurors didn't get a lot of information from the witnesses who were called.
Some of those witnesses the state called up were the men with Wilson that night...and despite giving details of what happened to police back in 2011...today in court attorneys weren't getting anything out of anyone.
The state says the former Plasma Lounge is where Brandon Wilson got into a fight with 30 year old Artel Dubose, a fight that escalated in the parking garage nearby.
That's where they say Wilson shot Dubose, who later died from his injuries.
They say the suspect then ran from the scene....texting his friends to come and pick him up.
There are many records of phone calls and texts...but it is communication...that the witnesses deny happened.
We spoke to the victim's cousin who tells me the family has waited a long time for the trial...nearly two years since their loved one was murdered.
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins
- Break In Parking Garage Murder
- Possible Weapon Found in Parking Garage Murder
- Man Accused of Attacking Woman in Bedroom, Faces Her in Trial
- Levy County Man Accused of Murder...Family & Friends React
- Man found Not Guilty in Ocala Murder Trial
- Man on Trial for Murder in the Death of Baby Cousin
- Parking Garage Security
- Shooting in Gainesville Parking Garage Eerily Familiar
- Weekend Parking Garage Shooting Update