Man Offers Gator Football Ticket in Exchange for Date With Daughter
Published September 19th, 2013
GAINESVILLE -- A Craigslist ad offering to give away a ticket to this weekend's Gator football game is attracting a lot of attention -- for a reason other than the game.
Posted on Monday night, the ad offers a free ticket to Saturday's sold out Gator football game against the Tennessee Volunteers.
But there's a catch -- the person who accepts it must be a guy who's willing to escort the poster's stepdaughter to the game, and then out to dinner.
The ad specifically singles out those who are attractive, well-educated and between the ages of 25 and 33.
While some have been quick to dismiss the ad as creepy or demeaning, the poster's stepdaughter, Jessica Flanagan, says it was meant in good fun.
"I don't really find it creepy in that way," said Flanagan, 27, who currently lives in Denver, Colorado. "It's kind of funny to me. I mean, he's just trying to find me a decent person to date."
Flanagan says her step-dad is planning to move to south Florida, which is why they will be in town for this weekend's game.
The deadline to apply was midnight Wednesday, with the winner expected to be notified on Thursday.
- Man Feeds His Daughter Bleach
- Man Kills 4-year-old Daughter
- Belleview Man Kills His Girlfriend, Shoots His Daughter
- Man Kills Mother Of His Daughter, While She's Pregnant With Her Next Child
- Gator WR Rainey Arrested For Dating Violence
- Fake UF Football Tickets
- UF Student Football Ticket Sales Witness Dry Spell
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Offering Teen,15, Cash For Sex
- Bumpy start for Florida health insurance exchange
- Hawthorne Votes to Rezone Land in Exchange for Ownership