Man Wanted for Public Animal Abuse
Published September 13th, 2013
Two children witnessed an abusive attack in their neighborhood.
An attack on a helpless dog.
Those two girls ran to get their mom for help when they saw a man brutally beating a dog.
When the mother came with the girls to approach the man, he walked off and left the dog severely injured on the ground.
It happened in the Polos Apartment complex around buildings 8 and 10 last night.
The two girls, ages 10 and 12, saw a man walking a dog in the neighborhood.
He then raised her up by the collar from the ground, in an attempt to strangle her.
After that, he took the leash and collar off and started beating her with it, and kicking her while she was on the ground.
"She has broken ribs. She has fractures to her skull. She has about a 2-3 inch laceration on the back of her head that was pretty deep and went down to, to the muscular end of the skull level."
Vets say she is also bruised on a large portion of her body.
The man who did this to her has not yet been found by police.
Police are looking for a tall, slender white male with dark, spiky hair and tattooed lettering in the middle of his shoulder blades.
Lauren Lettelier, TV20 News.
- Alachua County Animal Services Hosts Spring Adoption Event
- Stopping Deadly Virus at Alachua County Animal Services
- Alachua County Animal Services Over Capacity
- Florida Universities Want to Remove Animal Researchers' Names From Public Records Requests
- Man Accused of Animal Abuse says "I'm not a bad guy"
- Gainesville Man Arrested for Animal Abuse
- Animal Abuse in Bradford County; Four Dogs left on Roadside
- Animal Abuse in Dixie County
- Marion County Animal Service Needs Help
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked