Bed Bug Population on the Rise
Published October 18th, 2013
GAINESVILLE- The bed bug population is exploding.
99- percent of pest control professionals administered bed bug treatment over the past year according to the national pest management association.
Hotels college dorms and nursing homes were cited as the most common places for bed bug infestations, according to the responses of more than 250 pest control companies throughout the country.
Even though they are small, UF Entomologist Roberto Pereira says bed bugs can be found by inspecting used or rented furniture, "There is always a chance that if you buy something that is used furniture a used mattress or if you get it from somebody else that discarded it, there is a good possibility that bedbugs may be present in that furniture."
More than 3 quarters of pest professionals consider bed bugs the hardest to control.
- New Cost Effective Bed Bug Trap Developed by UF Research Labs
- Former Employee Claims Paramount Plaza Hotel Fired Her For Speaking Up About Bed Bugs
- Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite
- Bed Bug Problem at Gainesville Hotel
- Bed Bug Infestation In Northeast Gainesville Apartment
- New Website Offers Tips on Bed Bug Prevention and Control for Students
- Don't Let the Bed Bugs Keep Biting!
- Sniffing Out Bed Bugs
- Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite!
- UF Heats Up Those Bed Bugs