Crab Fest Shooting Trial Day One
Published October 28th, 2013
LEVY COUNTY- The trial process is underway for 19 year old, Devonte Ocasio, the man accused of killing one man and injuring several others at Williston's Crab Fest.
With more than 10- thousand people at the event as potential witnesses, Ocasio's attorneys say it's their job to create a reasonable doubt.
Investigators with the Levy County Sheriff's office on the other hand, have already made their decision about Ocasio's guilt based what they describe as a mountain of evidence and witnesses.
Levy County Sheriff's Office, Lt. Scott Tummond says, "there's tons of key evidence in my opinion, we have three projectiles that were recovered from our victims, we have a firearm that we can directly place in possession of Mr. Ocasio that match the bullets that we received from him, there's no doubt in my mind that we have the right man in custody and i believe justice will be served,."
The prosecution has delivered its opening statement.
The defense has decided to not deliver their statements,
- Deputies Make Arrest in Williston "Crab Fest" Shooting
- Judge Declares Mistrial in Williston Crab Fest Shooting
- Law Enforcement Prepares for Another Busy Crab Fest
- First Apperance for Suspect in Crab Festival Shooting
- Zimmerman Trial: Day One
- Maranda Martin Sits Before a Jury on Day One of Murder Trial
- Safety Concerns Surround Archer's "Mother's Day Fest"
- Archer's Mother's Day Fest... Calm For Now
- Man Arrested For Stealing Crabs
- Palatka's Blue Crab Festival Cancelled For 2009