Man Disrupts Gas Station, Resists Officers
GAINESVILLE- A man has been arrested after causing quite a scene at a gas station.
Alachua County Sheriff Deputies responded to the Kangaroo on 3423 SE Hawthorne Road after the clerk called to report criminal activity.
Deputies say 24-year-old Darius Stacy was arguing with the clerk over a pack of cigarettes, when he grabbed a pack of "Cigarillos" and left without paying.
He returned a few minutes later with a beer and began pouring it on the counter and then on the clerk.
He left again and returned shortly, this time grabbing several items and consuming them in the store.
Deputies arrived and told Stacy to stop; Stacy replied with a curse word and began to walk away.
Deputies restrained him and he fought back, even after being tased.
Deputies say once Stacy was in the police car, he kicked one of the deputies in the face.
He was taken to jail.
The total cost of the stolen items was $14.38.
- Man enters gas station with fake bomb.
- Man Accused of Armed Robbery At Lake City Gas Station
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Bad Weather Takes Out Gas Station Pumps
- Allegations of racism at Gainesville gas station. Now family demands justice
- Drivers flock to gas stations
- Baby born at Gas Station
- Two Gas Stations Robbed in Lake City
- Gainesville Gas Station Robbery Foiled
- Police Looking For Gas Station Robbers