October is Adopt-A-Shelter- Dog
Marion County Animal Services is pushing to adopt at least 50 canines for "adopt a shelter dog month."
It costs $40 to adopt a pup from marion county animal services.
That includes the spay or neuter surgery, county license, and a micro chip.
Animal Services has all types of dogs, including terriers, beagles, shepherds and chihuahuas
(elaine mcclain, marion county public information officer)
"Introducing a dog into your home before the hectic holiday season will give your dog a chance to get use to your family, settle into your home and also get a head start on potty training before the hectic holiday season," said Elaine McClain who is the Marion County Public Information Officer.
McClain with Marion County said some dogs at animal services are actually already house-broken, which means that dog may make an easy transition into a home.
So far more than 35 dogs have been adopted this month.
- Alachua County Animal Services Hosts Spring Adoption Event
- Marion County Animal Service Needs Help
- Widespread Sickness Forces Local Animal Shelter To Put Down Over 80 Dogs
- Animal Shelter Accused Of Mistreating Dogs
- Adopt a Shelter Cat Month
- June: A Crucial Month for Animal Adoptions
- Dixie County Shelter in Dog House
- Stopping Deadly Virus at Alachua County Animal Services
- Alachua County Animal Services Over Capacity
- Animal Abuse in Bradford County; Four Dogs left on Roadside