October is Adopt-A-Shelter- Dog
Marion County Animal Services is pushing to adopt at least 50 canines for "adopt a shelter dog month."
It costs $40 to adopt a pup from marion county animal services.
That includes the spay or neuter surgery, county license, and a micro chip.
Animal Services has all types of dogs, including terriers, beagles, shepherds and chihuahuas
(elaine mcclain, marion county public information officer)
"Introducing a dog into your home before the hectic holiday season will give your dog a chance to get use to your family, settle into your home and also get a head start on potty training before the hectic holiday season," said Elaine McClain who is the Marion County Public Information Officer.
McClain with Marion County said some dogs at animal services are actually already house-broken, which means that dog may make an easy transition into a home.
So far more than 35 dogs have been adopted this month.
- Adopt a Shelter Cat Month
- Marion County Pet Adoptions, Wednesday August 7, 2013
- Marion County Pet Adoptions
- Levy County Animal Services Takes 15 Dogs In For Animal Cruelty-- But Are Conditions Any Better There?
- Dog Recovers, Up for Adoption
- Marion County Wants Foster Homes for Pets
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- 20 dogs in Levy County cruelty case in need of homes
- National Challenge Encourages Local Shelter To Save Lives
- Adoption Screening in Alachua County