Rebuilding Homes In Alachua County
GAINESVILLE - A few homes in need are getting the attention they need. The group Rebuilding Together North Central Florida is working on 10 homes in Alachua County, free of charge for the owners.
The homes chosen will get repairs that improve safety and health conditions. Balanche Mahamery's home in Alachua had plumbing and electrical problems which, she says, kept her family away.
"You know cause it's broken. We had big meals every Thanksgiving, Christmas and it would be right here but now, you know, it will be again now," Mahamery said.
A team of volunteers is putting in new kitchen appliances and cabinets, painting the house inside and out, and updating most of her bathroom fixtures.
If you're interested in helping out or want to apply for home repairs you can click here.
- Fifth Case Of Eastern Equine Encephalitis In North Central Florida
- Early Voters In North Central Florida
- Wide Spread of Dish-Honesty in North Central Florida
- Two Cases Of Enterovirus D-68 In North Central Florida
- North Central Florida public high schools rank nationally
- North Central Florida mayor victim of home burglary
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Man Arrested For Domestic Battery
- A North Central Florida coalition counts the homeless
- Teens Accept Driving Challenge in North Central Florida