Single Car Crash In Levy County Kills Child, Injures 5 Others
CHIEFLAND - A single car accident Saturday morning in Levy County is responsible for one death and several injuries. One of the children who were in the vehicle is fighting to stay alive.
The accident happened around 9:30 this Saturday morning. Florida highway Patrol Troppers say a family of 6 were driving in a red Ford Expedition on US 27 near Northwest 10th Avenue. The driver Stacey Anne James lost control of the vehicle when the car's right rear tire blew out, the car overturned multiple times.
According to FHP officials one of the passengers, a 7-year-old child passed away. Another, a 9 year old girl is currently in the operating room in critical condition. "The vehicle overturned a total of three times on the north shoulder. While overturning, three of the occupants were ejected from the vehicle. All of the occupants ended up being transported by helicopter or ambulance to Shands at the University of Florida,” Anthony Dobosiewicz a Corporal for Florida Highway Patrol.
The three passengers who were ejected from the car were not wearing their seatbelt. Florida Highway Patrol will continue their investigation and examine this ford SUV to learn more details as to why the tire separated from the car.
- Cattle Car Crash
- Serious Two Car Accident Might Have Involved a Third Vehicle
- One dead in multi-vehicle crash
- Pedestrians seriously injured by car in Suwannee County
- Two Struck By Train In Putnam County, One Dies
- Deadly Crash in Dixie County
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Inverness man killed in crash in Marion County
- FHP: One Person Killed in Single-Car Accident On I-75, Rainy Weather to Blame
- Lake City woman killed in early morning crash