Teacher Pay Raises on the Horizon For Dixie County
CROSS CITY -Most school districts in North Central Florida are still negotiating pay raises desginated by Governor Rick Scott...but one district is very close to seeing these raises.
Dixie County superintendent Mark Rains says that they will be sending their agreement to the Department of Education for approval Friday, and they have been told it will be 30 days for that process.
They have decided to pay teachers and support staff uniform raises...the statute allowing for each county to negotiate differently - "The Governor's intent obviously was for the money to be included for instructional staff only; however as the statutes are written...these dollars must be locally negotiated so each county handles that a little bit differently."
Rains says he hopes to have the raises to teachers and support staff by Christmas break...to add a boost to their holiday season.
- Teachers Still Waiting for Governor's Pay Raise
- Teacher's Pay Raise Merit Based
- Marion County Teachers Will Soon Get Pay Increase
- Marion County Certified Substitutes Get Pay Raise
- Alachua County Employees Will See Pay Raise to "Restore" Pension Contribution
- Pay Raise Dispute at the Alachua County Jail
- Alachua County Commissioners voted to raise taxes. But will residents actually pay less?
- Legislature Changes Proposed Teacher Pay Raise
- Teacher Pay Raise Debate
- Pay Cuts on the Horizon for Head Start Employees