Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
CLAY COUNTY - Orange Park Police Officers are searching for a man who shot at two female friends while in their car Saturday morning. One of the women didn't make it out alive. We talked to relatives who say the two friends were followed home after leaving a nearby club.
A deadly shooting in Orange Park has police looking for a killer. "It's 5:30 in the morning you're dead asleep and you hear a pop pop pop," Kim Lewis one of the neighbors said.
Two female friends were inside their car in the Park Place Apartments parking lot when a man approached them and started shooting into their vehicle. The passenger was treated for injuries, managing to survive the attack. On the other hand, the woman in the driver's seat was pronounced dead at Orange Park Medical Center.
"But what happened with you? You got blood! And she said... Not me. She passed away. I said what about you? No Titi I am okay," Gladys Lozada the grandmother of one of the victims said. Lozada says it's a miracle her granddaughter, Jasmin Nuñez was not killed and recounts the story her granddaughter told her, over and over again.
"But the guy right away get out from the car with the gun and then I didn't open the door and I laid down like this, so the guys go around and he shoot two times, hitting the glass," Lozado said.
According to Lozada the red hatchback followed them all the way home from the club and the shooting happened right here in front of the grandmother's house. "Oh she told me ma, go inside. Nothing happened... But when I opened the door the only thing I saw was the red car running hard," Lozada said.
Residents of Park Place Apartments like Kim Lewis, say the murder has rattled the neighborhood. "It's a close community, a lot of people, we all know each other. For this to happen it was really really unexpected," Lewis said.
Police have not yet released a suspect description; however we do know the suspect fled the scene on a newer model red hatchback-type vehicle. At this time, the case is being worked on by the Orange Park Police Department, the Clay County Sheriff's Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- Teen Dies After 50-Foot Fall While Working For Tree Service
- 911 Calls Improve With Techonology
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- Gilchrist County Homicide, Victim Dies Fleeing From Intruder
- Deputy Robert Lundy Awarded Florida Sheriff's AssociatIon Law Enforcement Officer of the Year
- Adult Care Center Owner In Williston Charged With Abuse & Exploitation
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Cattle Car Crash