Annual "Alachua County Legislative Delegation" Hearing
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Mayor Ed Braddy got up and expressed his concerns with several local issues at the the annual "Alachua County Legislative Delegation Hearing" this afternoon.
One of the issues included the purchase of the Gainesville Correctional Institution which was announced just yesterday.
This year's local delegation includes Senator Rob Bradley, and State Representatives Keith Perry, Llovis Watson Jr., and Elizabeth Porter.
The event provides a forum for the public and elected officials to offer their views on issues they feel will be important in the upcoming year.
Braddy says it's a great opportunity for residents to meet and talk to their representatives beyond the local level.
"Local government is a lot easier to experience, we experience that all the time. You go to the grocery store and you run into your constituents. But the further government is removed, whether it's in Tallahassee or in Washington D.C., the more difficult it is," said Braddy.
The Santa Fe Kirkpatrick Center was filled to capacity with members of the community.
- Alachua County Legislative Delegation Annual Meeting
- Legislative Delegation
- New Alert System Available to Visually- and Hearing-Impaired
- Fourth Annual "Operation Feed 100"
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- Residents ask county for "livable wages"
- Annual School Grades Fall Sharply Thanks to New Standards
- Elections Office Will Not Move to Former "Big Lots" Store as Planned
- VA Pulls Funding for Homeless Veteran Facility, Cites "Minimal Progress"
- Alachua County Employees Will See Pay Raise to "Restore" Pension Contribution