Downtown Art Festival Draws Crowds
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The 32nd Annual Downtown Festival and Art Show kicked off Saturday. The show features 250 artists, about 30% of those artists are local. Besides the all the beautiful art, there are food vendors, three entertainment stages and plenty for the kids to do too.
In its 32nd year, the art show ranks higher than ever before. Linda Piper is the proud event organizer, "we've actually been ranking in the top 200 since 1996 and we've been moving up in the charts every year and we're so pleased that this is the first time ever that we are ranked number 10 as the best fine arts show in the country."
Mary McIntyre and her husband are artists that have participated every year for the past 25 years. She said, "it's a great show, it's in a beautiful time of year. the show does a beautiful job and makes the artists feel so welcome and so comfortable. They get the community out which is a wonderful thing."
The festival continues Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Longest-running Art Festival Continues to Draw Crowds
- Gainesville Downtown Festival and Art Show
- Art Festival Returns to Downtown Ocala
- Setup Underway for 33rd Downtown Festival & Art Show
- DOWNTOWN FESTIVAL AND ART SHOW
- Gainesville Businesses Work to Draw in Crowds During Gator Away Games
- Gainesville's Environmental Film and Arts Festival Focuses on Becoming More "Green"
- Vendors and Business Owners Ready for Gainesville Art Festival
- Black Friday Opens Sales Earlier, Draws Crowds
- Second Rally at UF Draws Crowd