An Exclusive Inside Look at the New GPD Building - Using Some New Technology
GAINESVILLE - Imagine never seeing the inside of your workplace.
Well that's the case for some Gainsesville police officers as their new office is built.
So Officer Ben Tobias is putting together a video for his collegues since some of the new officers have never been inside.
Construction on the almost $10 million building began in January and is on time to finish in March.
It's a building that will make business a little easier for people in the city.
Kyla Ryan, TV20: "How is the public going to be better served once the building is built?"
Officer Ben Tobias, GPD: "All of the resources are currently spread out all over the city so we are going to be under one roof again so no matter what service the public needs they can come to one building."
The old GPD building had been in the community for 60 years and had undergone several renovations.
- New GPD Building Dedicated to Officers Who Made A Difference
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- Massive Tree Falls Into Apartment Building, Trapping Families Inside
- Exclusive Interview: Meet the new "Wiggles"
- GPD: Homemade Bomb Found Inside Shoplifting Suspect's Home
- GPD receives grant to build youth relationships
- Citizen's Co-Op Manager Looks Forward, As Some Members Disgree With Recent Decisions
- Get an Inside Look at Gainesville's C.A. Pound Crime Lab
- Apartment looks to improve building Structures
- Gainesville leaders look to bring tech jobs