Federal Food Stamp Benefits Reduced
Published November 1st, 2013
GAINESVILLE- Many families in North Central Florida have a little less money in their pockets tonight.
An across the board cut of the Federal Food Stamp Program went into effect today.
More than 41 thousand people in Alachua County alone receive these benefits.
SNAP or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits increased due tothe 2009 Stimulus Act.
Congress passed the law to help expand unemployment and welfare programs.
Benefits for a family of 4 with no income will decrease by 36 dollars to 632 dollars a month with the new change.
- Federal Food Stamp Cuts, Affect Food Banks
- Gun Permits, Food Stamps in Demand
- Food Stamps Soar
- Food Stamp Scam
- Extensive Food Stamp Fraud in Gainesville
- 31 People Wanted for Food Stamp Fraud at Gainesville Convenience Stores
- Federal Unemployment Benefits End for Thousands of Floridians
- Federal Benefit Check Payment System Will Change In March
- "Bring the Harvest Home" Benefits Food Banks
- Stamp Out Hunger This Weekend